- Austria 01-713-3374
- Australia 1-800-817-569
- Barbados 429-9999
- Brazil 21-233-9191
- Canada 514-723-4000
- China 852-2382-0000
- Guatemala 502-254-1259
- Holland 0900-0767
- Honduras 504-237-3623
- Hungary 62-420-111
- India 91-22-307-3451
- Italy 06-7045-4444
- Maylaysia 03-756-8144
- Mauritius 46-48-889 or 800-93-93
- Mexico 525-510-2550
- New Zealand 4-473-9739
- Nicarague 505-268-6171
- Norway 815-33-300
- Cyprus 0-777-267
- Denmark 70-201-201
- Egypt 7621602
- Estonia 6-558-088
- Finland 040-5032199
- Portugal 239-72-10-10
- Republic of Ireland 1850-60-90-90
- Russia 8-20-222-82-10
- Singapore 800-221-4444 or 000-227-0309
- South Africa 0861-322-322
- South Korea 2-715-8600
- Spain 91-459-00-50
- Sri Vincent 1-692-909
- Sweden 031-711-2400
- Switzerland 143
- Thailand 02-249-9977
- Trinidad and Tobago 868-645-2800
- Ukraine 0487-327715 or 0482-226565
- United Kingdom 08457-90-90-90
- United States 1-800-Suicide (7842433) or 1-800-Talk (8255) or - 1-800-827-757
Alright, i’m gonna sit down and basically explain the situation in this ask so everyone of my followers knows why i’m so pissed.
Michael Brown, a 17 - 18 year old african american boy was unlawfully shot (8-10 times supposedly) by police in St Louis, Missouri on saturday, august 9th, 2014. He was unarmed, and had done nothing to attract suspicion other than the fact that he was black. His body was left in the street for 4 hours. (EDIT: i’ve discovered that the Brown family wishes for any and all photos of Michael lying in the streets to be removed. please respect this and do so)
There are several claims from witnesses (see: Dorian Johnson’s account and video [HIGHLY RECOMMEND READING UP ON HIS ACCOUNT, ITS VERY SPECIFIC] — Brown’s friend who experienced the situation first hand, La’Toya Cash and Phillip Walker— Ferguson residents nearby the incident), that fall together in generally close claims. However, the only one who’s claim seems out of place is the police officer’s who shot Brown. Who, by the way, is put off on paid administrative leave AND who’s name remained under anonymity for his safety (However, attorney Benjamin Crump is looking for a way to force release his name). He claims that Brown began to wrestle the officer for his gun and tried attacking him after he told Brown and his friend Dorian Johnson (22) to “get the f*ck on the sidewalk”.
According to Johnson, after a minor confrontation on the officer’s part where he grabbed Brown by the neck and then by the shirt, the officer pulled his gun on Brown and shot him at point blank range on the right side of his body. Brown and Johnson were able to get away briefly and started running. However, Brown was shot in the back, supposedly disabling him from getting very far. He turned around with his arms in the air and said “I don’t have a gun, stop shooting!” By this point, Brown and the officer were face to face as the cop shot him several times in the face and chest until he was finally dead. Johnson ran to his apartment and by the sound of his account, seemingly had some sort of panic attack. Later he emerged from his home to see Brown still laying in the streets. People were gathered with their cellphones, screaming at the police.
According to msnbc, the police refuse to interview Johnson at all, despite his amazing courage to come forward. They didn’t wanna hear it. They only listened to the cop’s account of it all and were vague with the media on what they thought happened. They’ve also refused to commit to a timeline in releasing autopsy results and other investigation information.
Numerous rumors are sweeping around such as Brown stealing candy from a QuickTrip, the store he emerged from calling the cops on him, Brown reaching for a gun, Brown attacking the cop first, ect. But these have all been debunked. (I know a lot of these have been debunked, but im having a hard time finding sources. if anyone could help out and link some legit ones id be SO grateful)
The event in and of itself was terrible, but now it has escalated beyond belief. Around 100 or more people, mostly black, went to the police station to protest peacefully. Things quickly turned bad as martial law got involved and authorities were bringing in K9s, tanks, heavy artillery, ect. The heavy police presence only made things worse as riots began to break out and looting and vandalism started. [ x ] [ x ] [ x ]
Now, as of very recently, the media has been banned from Ferguson. There is also a No-Fly zone above Ferguson for the reason of “ TO PROVIDE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT ACTIVITIES ” as said on the Federal Aviation Commission’s website. Cop cars are lined up on the borders to prevent people from entering/leaving. Media outlets are being threatened with arrest. It completely violates our amendments and everything.
It’s becoming increasingly scary and difficult to find out whats going on over there. I’m afraid this is all the information I have, though. If anybody else knows anything about the situation, please feel free to add on or correct any mistakes i’ve made as i’m no expert on writing these things.
And as a personal favor, i’d really appreciate anyone to give this a reblog in order to spread the word. I think it’s a shame that this is going on in our own country yet so few people know about it. Help me make this topic huge and get this as much attention as possible.
- Almond Biscotti 91 calories, 4g fat, 16 carbs, 3g protein
- Apple Spice Hand Pie 100 calories, 5g fat, 14 carbs, 1g protein
- Baked Cinnamon Apples 150 cals, 0g fat, 39 carbs, 2g protein
- Banana Oatmeal Cookies 40 calories, 1g fat, 12 carbs, 2g protein
- Blueberry Peach Tart 93 calories, 3g fat, 17 carbs, 2g protein
- Chocolate Banana Tart 100 calories, 3g fat, 19 carbs, 2g protein
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars 100 calories, 3g fat, 20 carbs, 2g protein
- Classic Apple Tart 87 calories, 3g fat, 16 carbs, 1g protein
- Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich 118 calories, 3g fat, 22 carbs, 3g protein
- Mini Thai Tea Cupcakes 40 calories, 1g fat, 6 carbs, 1g protein
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies 58 cals, 3g fat, 8 carbs, 2g protein
- Rolled Sugar Cookies 70 calories, 2g fat, 14 carbs, 2g protein
- S’Mores Bars 102 calories, 1g fat, 23 carbs, 2g protein
- Strawberry Peach Hand Pie 96 calories, 5g fat, 13 carbs, 1g protein
- Triple Berry Tart 98 calories, 4g fat, 15 carbs, 2g protein
- Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Banana Bread 70 calories, 2g fat, 15 carbs, 2g protein
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Bars 92 calories, 2g fat, 19 carbs, 2g protein
- Vegan Red Velvet Cupcakes 82 cals, 2g fat, 20 carbs, 2g protein
- Almond Cupcakes 106 calories, 1g fat, 28 carbs, 3g protein
- Blueberry Scones 95 calories, 1g fat, 18 carbs, 4g protein
- Cheddar Parmesan Scone 100 cals, 2g fat, 17 carbs, 5g protein
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread 94 calories, 1g fat, 19 carbs, 3g protein
- Cinnamon Raisin Scone 100 calories, 1g fat, 20 carbs, 4g protein
- Classic Brownies 54 calories, 0g fat, 17 carbs, 2g protein
- Chocolate Cupcakes 92 calories, 0g fat, 27 carbs, 3g protein
- Double Chocolate Scone 85 calories, 3g fat, 16 carbs, 4g protein
- Mint Brownies 54 calories, 0g fat, 17 carbs, 2g protein
- Raspberry Almond Scone 93 calories, 2g fat, 18 carbs, 4g protein
- Raspberry Honey Cupcakes 84 cals, 0g fat, 23 carbs, 3g protein
- Sweet Lemon Cupcakes 94 calories, 0g fat, 27 carbs, 3g protein
- Thin Mint Cupcakes 70 calories, 0g fat, 20 carbs, 4g protein
- Butternut Squash Lasagna 277 calories, 8g fat, 42 carbs, 12g protein
- Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese15 minute meal 311 calories, 5g fat, 57 carbs, 16g protein
- Healthy Mac & Cheese15 minute meal 278 calories, 8g fat, 42 carbs, 15g protein
- Pasta & Garlic Alfredo Sauce 15 minute meal 247 calories, 4g fat, 43 carbs, 10g protein
- Pasta Primavera 15 minute meal 289 calories, 5g fat, 46 carbs, 18g protein
- Pasta with Spicy Eggplant Sauce 15 minute meal 274 calories, 4g fat, 57 carbs, 8g protein
- Vegetable Lasagna 253 calories, 6g fat, 33 carbs, 17g protein
- Vegan Fried Rice 15 minute meal 305 calories, 2g fat, 54 carbs, 14g protein
- Vegan Lo Mein 15 minute meal 288 calories, 2g fat, 53 carbs, 9g protein
- 3 Bean Vegan Chili 283 calories, 4g fat, 54 carbs, 16g protein
- Green Bean Chickpea Curry 15 minute meal 200 cals, 5g fat, 33 carbs, 9g protein
- Black Bean Enchiladas 126 calories, 3g fat, 19 carbs, 6g protein
- Fried Egg & Bean Bowl 15 minute meal215 calories, 8g fat, 19 carbs, 17g protein
- Mexican Fiesta Bowl 15 minute meal 336 calories, 12g fat, 44 carbs, 19g protein (black beans, avocado, veggies, sour cream & vegetarian “chick’n”)
- Tomato Chickpea Curry 15 minute meal 114 calories, 3g fat, 20 carbs, 5g protein
- Tex Mex Stuffed Peppers 311 cals, 7g fat, 49 carbs, 17g protein
- Vegan Italian Quinoa Stir Fry 15 minute meal274 calories, 8g fat, 47 carbs, 8g protein
- Balsamic Roasted Veggies 48 calories, 2g fat, 8 carbs, 2g protein
- Cheesy Green Bean Casserole 132 calories, 5g fat, 15 carbs, 7g protein
- Creamy Vegan Mashed Cauliflower 50 calories, 3g fat, 6 carbs, 3g protein
- Everything-But-The-Kitchen-Sink Yogurt 200 calories, 9g fat, 20 carbs, 16g protein
- Garlic Basil Green Beans 45 calories, 1g fat, 8 carbs, 2g protein
- Herb Pita Bread 104 calories, 0g fat, 24 carbs, 3g protein
- Parmesan Chips (3 chips) 21 calories, 1g fat, 0 carbs, 2g protein
- 2 Minute Grilled Cheese 205 cals, 8g fat, 16 carbs, 19g protein
- 3 Cheese Hot Pocket 224 calories, 8g fat, 24 carbs, 17g protein
- Basil & Tomato Soup 98 calories, 2g fat, 19 carbs, 4g protein
- Bright & Sunny Salad 177 calories, 10g fat, 11 carbs, 9g protein (mango, mozzarella, sun dried tomatoes, lemon dressing)
- Escarole Soup 52 calories, 1g fat, 9 carbs, 2g protein
- Honey Bear Salad 164 calories, 10g fat, 14 carbs, 8g protein (honey almonds, honey mustard dressing, shiitake & goat cheese)
- Mushroom Barley Soup 117 calories, 2g fat, 22 carbs, 5g protein
- Raw Tuscan Bean Salad 214 cals, 5g fat, 37 carbs, 14g protein
- Roasted Vegetable Couscous Salad 148 calories, 3g fat, 25 carbs, 7g protein
- Rosemary Tomato Grilled Cheese 214 calories, 9g fat, 25 carbs, 14g protein
- Spinach Cheddar Hot Pocket 234 calories, 7g fat, 22 carbs, 25g protein
- Sprouty Sandwich 188 calories, 9g fat, 22 carbs, 7g protein
- Vegan Bean Salad 187 calories, 6g fat, 28 carbs, 10g protein
- Vegetarian “Bacon” Grilled Cheese 270 calories, 9g fat, 22 carbs, 26g protein
- Vegetarian “BLT” 182 calories, 5g fat, 25 carbs, 10g protein
- Blueberry Basil Green Smoothie 150 calories, 0g fat, 29 carbs, 11g protein
- Chocolate Cherry Protein Smoothie 162 calories, 2g fat, 26 carbs, 19g protein
- Chocolate Strawberry Green Smoothie 142 calories, 1g fat, 27 carbs, 12g protein
- Green Monster Water everything free!
- Not So Chunky Monkey Green Smoothie 166 calories, 5g fat, 23 carbs, 13g protein
- Raspberry Peach Protein Smoothie 147 calories, 1g fat, 22 carbs, 17g protein
- Strawberry Green Tea Smoothie 198 calories, 0g fat, 33 carbs, 19g protein
- Strawberry Mango Protein Smoothie 144 calories, 1g fat, 21 carbs, 16g protein
- Sunny Citrus Water everything free!
- Tea Soda everything free!
- Triple Berry Protein Smoothie 150 calories, 1g fat, 22 carbs, 17g protein
Melbourne protest for Gaza, July 19. 2014.
everyone fucking reblog #prayforgaza
Love this ! I’m gonna start doing this =]
cool and relevant ppt presentation but jsyk, the term “ethnic cleansing” is a gross euphemism for “genocide”.
THIS. Thank you. This isn’t a “conflict,” this isn’t a complex issue. I was discussing it with a friend earlier - if you want to put this into perspective, view it as the modern day creation of the United States. What could only complicate this, is that it’s condoned legally and promoted through state-sponsored programs.
THANK YOU!!! Thank you so much for explaining it like this. I have googled until my fingers were blue and everything is so biased on the internet. Now….Why is America supporting Israel again?
Are you really questioning why America is supporting Israel? Do you not know how corrupt this country is? Wake up and smell the coffee man !!!
My dad was telling me about these girls at his old college who invented a nail polish that paints on clear, and if you stir your drink with your finger with the nail polish on, it will react with the “Date Rape” drug and turn red.
Dude. It’s genius.
I saw this before and didn’t reblog it because it didn’t have anything to say how but now that there is a link saying how I wil reblog it.